Went to Melbourne last weekend for 4 days. We stayed at a hostel downtown with a bunch of crazy people runnin around. It was actually pretty cool though because the hostel had its own bar and lounge room where everyone wold hang out. Those places are weird because they just provide you with everything you need, but you have to do it all yourself. For example; for food they just had a big kitchen where you would buy food at the grocery store and then cook it yourself and do your own dishes. ha. They only cost $20 a night though. However, I did end up with an eye sty infection after staying there.
One morning I went to the bathroom and there was someone snoring in the stall next to me. ha. I just thought they were drunk. But then there was some idiot guy talking bad things about the US when we were watching TV the next day. I was about to say something because I'd also been drinking for a little bit, but I didn't. Later that night I was in the bathroom again and heard the snoring coming from the same place. I knew this was no coincidence that someone would be passed out drunk in the same place on the bathroom floor two nights in a row, so I looked over to see who it was. Sure enough it was that idiot who had just been rippin on the States. He had just been moochin off a hostel, sleeping on their bathroom floor for who knows how long. haha.
Anyways, Melbourne is awesome. It's not as beautiful as Sydney but its's a lot more laid back there are all these little ally ways you can find with a bunch of hidden restaurants and shops. And of course it took us FOREVER to find somewhere to eat because the others were tight asses and we couldn't spend $15-20 for dinner at any one of the awesome restaurants I saw. These people are a different breed of human. I've never met anyone whos favorite sport is bowling and doesn't drink. Anywho, we went to the play Wicked which was actually amazing, ha, Lauren... And we went to a game that we thought was a Aussie Rules Football game but it ended up being a soccer game. Someone ended up lighting off a smoke bomb in the middle of the crowd right next to us. ha. It was still fun though. Then we went on this bus tour around Melbourne and got to see penguins running up the beach at night after they were out at sea. I met some pretty cool people on that trip. One guy named Rain from Scotland who was also doing an internship, 3 girls from Ireland who had some crazy accents who were backpacking through AUS for 6 weeks and a girl from Brisbane and her friend who was visiting from ATL, GA.
On the plane ride back we flew JetStar and I was literally smashed in the very back corner of the jet with no window. I might as well have been luggage. It's a whole other experience flying when your in the very back and you can't see what's going on. I don't recommend it.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
way to stand up for 'Merica
ReplyDelete